In an evolving industrial landscape, intelligence that drives strategic decisions is crucial. One key aspect to watch is the burgeoning Pulp & Paper Chemicals Market, which plays a pivotal role in the thriving packaging and industrial papers sector. Leveraging this comprehensive market research report will aid in developing data-driven methodologies and conducting in-depth analysis, hence ensuring you stay at the forefront of market trends and advancements.
Benefiting from a rising demand in emerging markets, increased recycling efforts, and intensive quality improvement research, the market stands robust against potential hindrances like environmental concerns and strict regulations. Additionally, the growth in packaging and industrial papers signifies a promising outlook for the pulp and paper chemicals market. By examining shifting market dynamics to the rapid growth of e-commerce and the Chinese paper market, your business can make strategic investments informed by this critical market insight.
- The growing pulp & paper industry in emerging economies and increasing paper recycling are augmenting the market's growth.
- Environmental hazards from the pulp and paper industry and stringent water treatment regulations will likely hinder the market's growth.
- Extensive research on paper quality improvements is projected to act as an opportunity for the market in the future.
Pulp & Paper Chemicals Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Packaging and Industrial Papers
- Paper packaging includes rigid and flexible paper packaging formats, such as paper sacks and bags, corrugated boxes, wrapping paper, cartons, display packaging, cups and trays, inserts and dividers, tapes and labels, and clamshells. Significant weight advantages of paper packaging ensure benefits in terms of distribution efficiencies and raw material inputs.
- Packaging performs an essential function by protecting goods from damage, from the point of manufacture to the final consumer. It prevents the wastage of goods and energy. Packaging meets stringent safety, technical, and hygienic requirements.
- A rise in the demand for flexible paper packaging, owing to growing consumer awareness regarding the harmful effects of plastic on the environment, along with the eco-friendly nature and economical form of paper packaging, is expected to propel pulp and paper chemicals market growth.
- The significant advantage of using recycled paper packaging is the associated reduction in the cost of packaging material by up to 40%. Stringent government regulations about environmental concerns and reduction in carbon emissions are also significant factors expected to fuel the consumption of recycled paper packaging across the end-user industries.
- The United States is one of the largest packaging markets in North America. Packaging production in the United States increased, reaching 676.2 million tons in 2022 compared to 646.1 million tons in 2021. The packaging industry is driven by the country's paper and paperboard packaging, which nearly accounts for around 40% of the packaging market.
- With the increasing environmental awareness, the demand for sustainable and eco-friendly packaging is also increasing, further boosting the demand for paper packaging. Similarly, owing to increasing global environmental concerns and the rising need to reduce toxic emissions, recycled paper packaging is used by the healthcare, personal care, and food and beverages industries.
- Hence, with the increasing demand for packaging and industrial papers, the pulp & paper chemicals market is also expected to register a noticeable growth in demand during the forecast period.
China to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Region
- In the Asia-Pacific region, China is expected to drive the market for the paper packaging segment, with applications across industries like healthcare, personal care, home care, retail, and others. It, in turn, is driving the demand for the pulp and paper chemicals market in the coming years.
- The Chinese paper and paperboard packaging industry is the second-largest in the world and will showcase continuous growth owing to meet the higher demand from mass consumers. However, sustainable and eco-friendly packaging is likely to increase, thereby driving the market for Pulp & Paper Chemicals across the country.
- Due to the COVID-19 impact, the demand for retail e-commerce sales increased. E-commerce sales rose by 44% in China in 2020. It further registered as the largest e-commerce market in 2021, with a revenue of USD 1,542.6 billion, thereby increasing the demand for paper and board packaging across the country.
- The market size for the Chinese paper and paperboard manufacturing industry grew by 5% in 2022 to USD 218 billion. China's paper and paperboard manufacturing market increased by an average of 5.4% per year between 2017 and 2022. It is expected to drive the pulp and paper chemicals market demand during the forecast period.
- Increasing concern over food safety in the food and beverages sector propelled the need for high-quality food service boards and liquid packaging boards. Besides this, the development of e-commerce in China promoted the increase in express delivery, further driving the demand for packaging paper, thereby driving the demand for the pulp and paper chemicals market during the forecast period.
- The factors above may contribute to the increasing demand for pulp and paper chemicals in china during the forecast period.
Pulp & Paper Chemicals Market Competitor AnalysisThe pulp & paper chemicals market is partially consolidated in nature. The major players in this market (not in a particular order) include Nouryon, BASF SE, DowDuPont, Imerys, and Kemira.
Additional benefits of purchasing the report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents1 INTRODUCTION
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Pulp and Paper Industry in Emerging Economies
4.1.2 Increasing Paper Recycling
4.2.1 Environmental Hazards from the Pulp and Paper Industry
4.2.2 Stringent Water Treatment Regulations
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.2 Bleaching Agents
5.1.6 Other Types
5.2.2 Packaging and Industrial Papers
5.2.3 Printing and Writing Papers
5.2.4 Pulp Mills and Drinking Plants
5.2.5 Other Applications
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 Rest of the World
18.104.22.168 South America
22.214.171.124 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Ashland Inc.
6.4.3 BASF SE
6.4.5 Cargill Incorporated
6.4.9 ERCO Worldwide
6.4.10 FMC Corporation
6.4.11 GE Corporation
6.4.16 Sonoco Products Company
6.4.17 Stora Enso
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Extensive Research on Paper Quality Improvements
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Ashland Inc.
- BASF SE
- Cargill Incorporated
- ERCO Worldwide
- FMC Corporation
- GE Corporation
- Sonoco Products Company
- Stora Enso