Switzerland's defense budget for FY2021 is set at US$7.94 bn, registering a Y-o-Y growth rate from 2020 of 0.4%. Defense spending is expected to grow over the forecast period with the country's prioritization of defense expenditure, as the country recovers from the economic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic. This overall upward trajectory will witness Switzerland's total defense budget grow substantialy to FY2026, rising to US$8.57 billion with a CAGR of 0.86% for the forecast period.
Over the forecast period, the main drivers of Swiss defense expenditure will be the need to modernise its standing fleet in order to be able to defend is territorial integrity and sovereignty from outside attack. Despite Switzerland position of neutrality a modern fleet is needed for slef-defense and for Switzerland to be able to continue to participate in international humanitarian and peacekeeping missions.
Switzerland will continue to invest in key defense programs despite the economic challenges posed by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Many of these procurement programs are driven by Switzerland's desire to paritcipate in inteernational humanitarian and peacekeeping missions, as well as maintaining a fleet capable of self-defense - for example, the AIR 2030 program will provide Switzerland with fighter jets capable of responding to potential adversaries in Swiss airspace.
This report offers detailed analysis of Switzerland's defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
Who Should Buy
- Defence Startup's, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Defence Planners, Aerospace and Defence Integrators, Venture Capital Firms, Government Agencies, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CEOs and Senior Executives.
- The concerned stakeholders can utilize the report to identify high growth segments and customize their offerings to match the project requirements.
- The Venture Capital Firms can utilize the project details, growth rate, and market size to identify and fund high potential startups.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Switzerland's defense budget: detailed analysis of Switzerland's FY2021 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
- Regulation: the procurement policy and process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of Switzerland's military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of Switzerland's military regulation.
- Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to Switzerland are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernisation.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Swiss defense industry.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the German defense market over the next five years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the German market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major threats that are driving the German defense market providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the German government
- Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
Table of Contents
- Defense Budget Assessment
- Budgeting Process
- Defense Market Size Historical And Forecast
- Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
- Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
Key Market Trends and Insights
- Military Doctrine And Security Environment
- Military Doctrine And Strategy
- Primary Threat Perception
- Political And Strategic Alliances
- Geopolitical Social And Economic Scenario
- Market Entry Strategy And Regulations
- Procurement Policy and Process
- Market Entry Route
- Key Challenges
- Major Deals and M&A
- Market Attractiveness And Emerging Opportunities
- Market Attractiveness, 2020 2025
- Top Defense Segments By Value
- Import And Export Market Dynamics
- Import Market Dynamics
- Export Market Dynamics
Defense Platform Acquisitions
- Defense acquisitions by value
- Air 2030
- MIM 104 PATRIOT
- Mörser 16 Self Propelled Mortar Carrier
- EAGLE 6X6
- Special Vehicle APC
- Fleet Size
- Defense Companies Operating In Switzerland
- Main Defense Companies
- About This Report
- About the Publisher
- Contact the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Raytheon Technologies Corp
- RUAG International Holding AG
- General Dynamics Corp