1h Free Analyst TimeThe publisher's Tourism Source Market Insight - United States (2021) report provides a thorough insight into the United States' domestic, intra-regional and long-haul travel habbits. The report looks at the profiles of US tourists and summarizes the key reasons why they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the US source market. It also assesses the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on US tourism.
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
- Domestic travel in the US still dominates and is set to recover to pre-pandemic levels in 2022, where xx million travelers made domestic trips in 2020.
- Good vaccination progress will give travelers from the United States the flexibility to travel across the world. However, barriers still remain to outbound travel whilst US-imposed travel restricitons are still in place.
- Travelers from the US are very important to destinations, as on average they spend the most per traveler on outbound trips, as identified by the publisher. The main destinaiton markets for US travelers include neighbors Mexico, Canada and Europe.
- Further logistical barriers to outbound travel alongside COVID-19 will result in a predicted full recovery by 2024.
- This report is part of the publisher's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the United States source market.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in the United States domestic, intra-regional and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of US tourists and the reasons why they travel, which provides an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities when targeting this market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
- This report examines the impact of COVID-19 on US outbound and domestic tourism.
Table of Contents
- Country Snapshot: 2020
- At a glance: the US travel market
- Risk in the US
- Main Findings
- US Tourist Profile
- What types of holidays do US travelers take?
- Insight into US travelers
- How has COIVD-19 affected US travel?
- Domestic Tourism
- Domestic travel
- Domestic spending
- Outbound Tourism
- Outbound travel
- Outbound spending
- Main & Developing Destination Markets
- Where did US tourists travel to in 2020?
- Main Destination Markets: Mexico & Canada
- Main Destination Markets: Europe
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Delta Air Lines
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Frontier Airlines