An Indispensable Tool for Remote Workers During the Pandemic, Professional Headsets will be a Key Enabler of the Hybrid-work Future
The global professional headset market earned revenues of $1.98 billion in 2020, record growth of 42.3 percent when compared to 2019.
In 2020, the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic and associated work from home (WFH) realities triggered unprecedented demand for cloud software communications and collaboration services and professional headsets across the world. With the COVID-19 social-distancing mandates, the number of telecommuters in 2020 increased multi-fold to an estimated 270 million workers globally.
In 2020, professional headset penetration among business workers reached 22.9 percent with 124.0 million users out of 542.5 million business workers using pro gear. The installed base of headset users grew by 24.4 percent from 99.7 million in 2019 to 124.0 million with net new ads growing by 70.6 percent.
The first half of 2020 was characterized by panic buying with people and businesses purchasing and using whatever tools they could to work as best as they could. As a result of the race to equip the dramatically increased number of remote workers, consumer and professional headsets quickly ran out of stock. Professional headset vendors had to adjust rapidly to new realities - including unprecedented supply-chain challenges.
During the second half of 2020, panic buying of headsets declined, with both workers and businesses making more rational decisions about the technology tools they adopted. More users and organizations understood the importance of using enterprise-grade audio products to deliver far superior user business communications experiences than what can be accomplished using consumer headsets.
Most of the growth of professional headsets in 2020 can be attributed to PC USB and UCC headsets, which grew by 72.5 percent in terms of revenues to $1.65 billion and 76.1 percent in terms of unit shipment to 28.1 million.
The publisher estimates the total professional headset market to grow at a CAGR of 12.2 percent in terms of sales and 15.3 percent in terms of unit shipment from 2020 to 2027. Revenues are expected to more than double by the end of the forecast period, growing from $1.98 billion in 2020 to $4.44 billion in 2027.
As part of this analysis, the publisher has identified market drivers, restraints, competitive trends, and growth opportunities in the global professional headset market.
Through extensive primary and secondary research, this analysis provides enterprise communications providers and manufacturers with an in-depth perspective on the dynamics of a changing market. The publisher expects that this analysis will provide vendors with valuable insights to accelerate their growth and expand their penetration opportunities within the headset marketplace.
Table of Contents
- Why Is It Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative 8™
- The Impact of the Top Three Strategic Imperatives on the Professional Headset Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine™
- Professional Headset Market Scope of Analysis
- Professional Headset Market Definitions
- Professional Headset Segmentation
- Key Competitors for Professional Headset Market
- Key Growth for Professional Headset Market
- Growth Drivers for Professional Headset Market
- Growth Restraints for Professional Headset Market
- Revenue and Unit Shipment Forecast by Configuration Type, Professional Headset Market
- Revenue and Unit Shipment Forecast by Headset Type, Professional Headset Market
- Revenue and Unit Shipment Forecast by End-user Type, Professional Headset Market
- Percent Revenue by Product Category, Professional Headset Market
- Percent Revenue by Wearing Style, Cordless Bluetooth PC USB and UCC Headsets
- Percent Revenue by Connectivity, Cordless DECT Headsets
- Percent Revenue by Active-Noise-Cancelling (ANC) Headsets, Professional Headsets Market
- Percent Revenue by Region, Professional Headset Market
- Revenue and Unit Forecast Analysis, Professional Headset Market
- Revenue Forecast Analysis by Region, Professional Headset Market
- Pricing Trends and Forecast Analysis, Professional Headset Market
- Competitive Environment, Professional Headset Market
- Revenue Share, Professional Headset Market
- Revenue Share Analysis, Professional Headset Market
- Growth Opportunity Universe, Professional Headset Market
- Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1: Remote Work is Here to Stay
- Growth Opportunity 2: Remote Health/Telehealth Will Continue to Grow
- Growth Opportunity 3: Government and Education Witnessing Major Disruptions
- Growth Opportunity 4: Microsoft, Zoom, Google and Cisco Dominating Software Communications Services
- Growth Opportunity 5: Investment in E-tailing is Key for Future Growth
- Growth Opportunity 6: Consumer-like Experiences Vital for Boosting Adoption
- Growth Opportunity 7: Advanced Noise Cancellation is Poised for Continuous Growth
- Growth Opportunity 8: Bluetooth PC USB and UCC Headsets on the Rise
- Participants included in “Others” in the Professional Headset Revenue Share Section
- Your Next Steps
- List of Exhibits
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes: