Uses Interactive Simulations, Never Expires, No Annual Fees
This certificate course provides a great foundation in using PACs (Process Automation Controllers) and an overview of Controllogix. Before taking a PAC course, it is highly recommended learners first be fully trained in PLCs.
As with all the courses in this series, it is highly interactive and simulates the actual system being trained on. For example, one of the most challenging topics for those transitioning from the PLC to working with a PAC is the replacement of memory addresses with "Tags", so this course covers this topic with interactive step-by-step simulated exercises including creating a new tag with an RSLogix 5000 simulation. Another example is the industrial computer (PAC) has scan cycle interrupt "task" the user has to understand and manage.
- Introduction to ControlLogix
- Overview of RSLogix5000
- ControlLogix Architecture
- ControlLogix Memory
- PAC Project Organization
- Data File Types
- ControlLogix Bits
- RSLogix 5000 Instructions
- Timer Instructions
- Counter Instructions
- Data Collecting
- File/Data Manipulation
- Shift Registers/Sequencers
- Program Control Instructions
- Configuring Analog Modules
- Structured Text Programming
- Function Block Programming
- Documenting Automation Control Programs
- PAC PLC Communications
- Final Exam
- Mini LMS (Site License only)
- Password protected Student Log File (Site License only)
- Ability to print Certificate of Completion
- Ability to print test responses
- Ability to bookmark
- Learners will have a firm foundation in Process Automation Controllers (PAC) and AB ControlLogix to begin working with RSLogix 5000 and ControlLogix.
This PAC programming training software includes analog instruction, an area that has been overlooked by most training materials. The CLXTrainer includes a PAC Laboratory Manual full of proven practical applications that allow the student to gain an understanding of the PAC programming environment.
Note: This training software does not include an RSLogix 5000 simulator users can type their own code/logic into. It does allow users to interact with pre-defined RSLogix 5000 simulations relevant to the topic being taught.
This course software is delivered as a download. Compatible with Win 10, and all other Windows operating systems down to XP. Minimum hardware, 300meg hard drive space, 16meg Ram.
The Single Learner (Delegate) license that installs on one student/learner's computer and never expires.
The perpetual Site License is for unlimited users and installations per facility, never expires, and no annual fees.
Electronic - HTML format is delivered via USB with downloadable content
Who Should Attend
- Instrumentation Techs