Digital health technologies provide opportunities to improve disease treatment and management for patients, as well as being individualized to each person. Furthermore, digital health tools have become increasingly focused on specific indications, such as immunology, where numerous healthtech companies are vying for market share.
Additionally, pharma companies with therapy expertise are becoming more involved with digital health providers.
The report includes:
- A review of different trends impacting the digital health landscape in immunology, including healthcare, technology, regulatory, and macroeconomic.
- A value chain looking at each technology with examples of leading players and challengers.
- Industry analysis with an in-depth mobile app evaluation for non-pharma and pharma companies, deals analysis, and social media influencers.
- Case studies looking across different technologies, such as Ampersand Health's digital therapeutics in IBD and rheumatology, Progentec's care management platform for lupus patients and clinicians, Takeda's unbranded mobile apps in IBD, and Nesos' wearable earbud for rheumatoid arthritis.
- Physician survey data on remote monitoring technologies, including rheumatologists and dermatologists.
Reasons to Buy
- Get an overview of what digital technologies are being used to treat and monitor patients and drive research in the immunology space.
- See which technologies are most suitable to different immunological conditions.
- Understand which healthtech companies are active in the space, with examples of leaders and challengers by technology, and what opportunities exist for partnerships to drive innovation and provide additional value to patient offerings.
- Understand the competitive landscape with a review of pharma activity, including strategic partnerships and funding deals.
- Understand industry perspectives on the value of digital health tools in immunology.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Technology Briefing
- Healthcare trends
- Technology trends
- Macroeconomic trends
- Regulatory trends
- Value Chain
- mHealth apps
- Digital Therapeutics
- On-Demand Telemedicine
- Digital Biomarkers
- Industry Analysis
- Analysis of Immunology Mobile Apps
- Pharma Companies: Assessment of Immunology Mobile Apps
- Social Media Influencers
- Case Studies
- Further Reading
- About the Authors
- Our Thematic Research Methodology
- About The Publisher
- Contact The Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Healthcare Trends in the Immunology Digital Health Space
Table 2: Technology Trends in the Immunology Digital Health Space
Table 3: Macroeconomic Trends in the Immunology Digital Health Space
Table 4: Regulatory Trends in the Immunology Digital Health Space
Table 5: Examples of Digital Therapeutics in the Immunology Space
Table 6: Examples of Leading Non-Pharma Immunology Apps
Table 7: Leading Pharma Apps Across Immunology by Downloads
Table 8: M&As in the Immunology Digital Health Space, 2018-2021
Table 9: Examples of Strategic Partnerships in the Digital Health Immunology Space
Table 10: Examples of Funding Deals in the Digital Health Immunology Space
Table 11: Examples of Public Companies in the Immunology Digital Health Space
Table 12: Examples of Private Companies in the Immunology Digital Health Space
List of Figures
Figure 1: Who Are the Leading Players in the Immunology Digital Health Space?
Figure 2: Digital Health in Immunology Value Chain
Figure 3: Examples of Non-Pharma Companies Providing mHealth Apps in Immunology
Figure 4: Examples of Pharma Companies Providing mHealth Apps in Immunology
Figure 5: Examples of Digital Therapeutics Companies in Immunology
Figure 6: Types of On-Demand Urgent Care Telemedicine Providers
Figure 7: Examples of On-Demand Telemedicine Companies in Immunology
Figure 8: Examples of Wearable Technology Providers in Immunology
Figure 9: Examples of Companies Developing Digital Biomarkers in Immunology
Figure 10: Examples of Virtual Reality Providers in Immunology
Figure 11: Breakdown of Immunology Apps By Developer Type and Therapy Area
Figure 12: Patient Immunology Mobile Apps By Primary Function
Figure 13: HCP Immunology Mobile Apps By Primary Function
Figure 14: Download Ranges for Immunology Apps
Figure 15: Assessment of Pharma Activity in the mHealth Space Across Immunology
Figure 16: Top Influencer Trends Related to Immunology Digital Health, March 2019 - November 2021
Figure 17: Top Posts Related to Immunology Digital Health, 2019 - 2021
Figure 18: Ampersand Health’s My IBD Care
Figure 19: Progentec Diagnostics’ aiSLE MGMT Platform for Lupus Patients and Clinicians
Figure 20: Takeda’s Unbranded For You, With You Mobile App for IBD Patients
Figure 21: Increased Use of Teledermatology Patient Apps Seen Since Early 2020
Figure 22: Use of Telemedicine Before COVID-19 By Specialty
Figure 23: Use of Telemedicine During COVID-19 By Specialty
Figure 24: Use of Telemedicine After COVID-19 By Specialty
Figure 25: Telemedicine and Wearables Used Commonly By Rheumatologists to Monitor Patients Remotely
Figure 26: Preference for In-Person Care is a Leading Patient Barrier to Using Remote Monitoring Technologies
Figure 27: Increased Use of Telemedicine and Wearable Devices By Physicians During the COVID-19 Pandemic
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Ampersand Health
- Elsa Science
- Bold Health
- metaMe Health
- HiDoc Technologies
- SkyGazer Labs
- HiDoc Technologies
- Point of Care
- RPM Healthcare
- Progentec Diagnostics
- Gastro Girl
- Omhu Care
- GI Logic
- Epicore Biosystems
- Vivante Health
- Nori Health
- Progentec Diagnostics
- Johnson & Johnson