Why Should You Attend:
From a business perspective, training managers in the basics of HR compliance, basics of employment law, how to write documentation, and how to use the tools of employee development is the least expensive thing an employer can do to stave off unwarranted employment claims.
From a manager’s perspective, managing from day one is the most important thing a manager can do for productivity purposes, compliance reasons, employee development and engagement and also - to safeguard their own career. From an HR perspective, training managers on the basics of HR compliance can help defend against a whole host of unwarranted employment claims, including those that often begin with miscommunication, misinformation, and mismanagement.
- Basics of the Big Four of employment compliance: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Fair Labor Standards Act, The Family & Medical Leave Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Managing from Day 1 - Using coaching, performance reviews, performance improvement plans and disciplinary processes
- Preventing harassment, bullying, and general dysfunction
- Effective handling of employee complaints
- Avoiding pitfalls when inheriting a dysfunctional team
Who Should Attend
- Senior Leadership
- Human Resource Managers
- Managers and Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- Compliance Professionals
- Operations Professionals