Digitally advanced shopping was developing before the pandemic but has greatly diversified in recent years. Online/contactless shopping services became necessity during the pandemic and consumer preference for them will remain post-pandemic.
- Tech innovations and an increasingly digital consumer lifestyle is allowing the trend to meet the needs of the pandemic. Beyond COVID-19, convenience will be the key priority of shopping which has become synonymous with digital products and services.
- Tech innovation is also making shopping more interactive in more personalized categories such as beauty and food.
- A highly automated shopping experience will be ultra-convenient for consumers and key to solving labor shortages for businesses. Nevertheless, consumer preference for in-store shopping will endure but these spaces will be increasingly integrated with online features.
Reasons to Buy
- Recognize what has driven the evolution of consumer attitudes so far, and why brands must incorporate Next-Generation Shopping attributes and features.
- Identify where the market is going and how consumers react in different categories.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to assist future decision-making and product development.
Table of Contents
- Trend tracker - Next Generation Shopping
1. Trend overview
5. What next?
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Tony's Chocoloney
- Grove Collaborative
- Marks & Spencer