Emerging Trends in the Infrared Detector MarketEmerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the infrared detector industry, include increasing use of infrared detectors in smart homes and increasing use of infrared detectors for night vision and surveillance.
Infrared Detector Market by SegmentThe study includes a forecast for the global infrared detector market by application, wavelength, type, and region as follows:
Infrared Detector Market by Application [Value ($M) shipment analysis for 2016-2027]:
- People and Motion Sensing
- Temperature Measurement
- Spectroscopy & Biomedical Imaging
- Smart Homes
Infrared Detector Market by Wavelength [Value ($M) shipment analysis for 2016-2027]:
- Short-Wave Infrared
- Medium-Wave Infrared
- Long-Wave Infrared
Infrared Detector Market by Type [Value ($M) shipment analysis for 2016-2027]:
- InGaAs (Indium Gallium Arsenide)
- MCT (Mercury Cadmium Telluride)
Infrared Detector Market by Region [Value ($M) shipment analysis for 2016-2027]:
- North America
- The United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- The Rest of the World
List of Infrared Detector CompaniesCompanies in the market compete on the basis of product quality offered. Major players in this market focus on expanding their manufacturing facilities, R&D investments, infrastructural development, and leverage integration opportunities across the value chain. With these strategies infrared detector companies cater increasing demand, ensure competitive effectiveness, develop innovative products & technologies, reduce production costs, and expand their customer base. Some of the infrared detector companies profiled in this report includes.
- Excelitas Technologies
- Hamamatsu Photonics
- FLIR Systems
Infrared Detector Market Insight
- The analyst forecasts that people and motion sensing is expected to remain the largest segment due to increasing usage of infrared detectors for people counting and motion detection in the commercial sector.
- microbolometer is likely to experience the highest growth in the forecast period supported by increasing demand in smart home.
- Smart home is likely to experience the highest growth in the forecast period, supported by increasing demand for consumer convenience, safety and security, and the rising need for energy efficiency.
- Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest region and to witness the highest growth over the forecast period because of an increase in demand of smartphone, tablets, and smart TVs, and growth in industrial and home automation.
Features of Infrared Detector Market
- Market Size Estimates: Infrared detector market size estimation in terms of value ($B)
- Trend and Forecast Analysis: Market trends (2016-2021) and forecast (2022-2027) by various segments and regions.
- Segmentation Analysis: Market size by application, wavelength, and type.
- Regional Analysis: Infrared detector market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth Opportunities: Analysis of growth opportunities in different application, wavelength, type, and regions for the infrared detector market.
- Strategic Analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape for the infrared detector market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter’s Five Forces model.
FAQSQ1. What is the infrared detector market size?
Answer: The global infrared detector market is expected to reach an estimated $670.3 million by 2027
Q2. What is the growth forecast for infrared detector market?
Answer: The infrared detector market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2021 to 2027.
Q3. What are the major drivers influencing the growth of the infrared detector market?
Answer: The major drivers of growth for this market are increased demand for smartphones and tablets, rising concern about safety and security, and increasing automation in the building and industrial sector.
Q4. What are the major applications or end use industries for infrared detector?
Answer: People and motion sensing and smart home are the major applications for infrared detector.
Q5. What are the emerging trends in infrared detector market?
Answer: Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the infrared detector industry, include increasing use of infrared detectors in smart homes and increasing use of infrared detectors for night vision and surveillance.
Q6. Who are the key infrared detector companies?
Answer: Some of the key infrared detector companies are as follows:
- Excelitas Technologies
- Hamamatsu Photonics
- FLIR Systems
Answer: The analyst predicts that the demand for smart home is likely to experience the highest growth in the forecast period, supported by increasing demand for consumer convenience, safety and security, and the rising need for energy efficiency.
Q8: In infrared detector market, which region is expected to be the largest in next 5 years?
Answer: Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest region and witness the highest growth over next 5 years
Q9. Do we receive customization in this report?
Answer: Yes, the analyst provides 10% customization without any additional cost.
This report answers the following 11 key questionsQ.1 What are some of the most promising potential, high growth opportunities for the global infrared detector market by end use industry (people and motion sensing, temperature measurement, industrial, spectroscopy and biomedical imaging, HVAC, smart home, and others), type (pyroelectric, thermopile, microbolometer, InGaAs, MCT, and others), wavelength (short-wave, medium-wave, and long-wave), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the market?
Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the market?
Q.6 What are the emerging trends in this market and the reasons behind them?
Q.7 What are the changing demands of customers in the market?
Q.8 What are the new developments in the market? Which companies are leading these developments?
Q.9 Who are the major players in this market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via material or product substitution?
Q.11 What M&A activities have taken place in the last 5 years in this market?
This product will be delivered within 1-3 business days.
Table of Contents
2.2: Supply Chain
2.3: Industry Drivers and Challenges
3.2: Global Infrared Detector Market Trends and Forecast
3.3: Global Infrared Detector Market by application
3.3.1: People and Motion Sensing
3.3.2: Temperature Measurement
3.3.4: Spectroscopy & Biomedical Imaging
3.3.6: Smart Homes
3.4: Global Infrared Detector Market by Wavelength
3.4.1: Short-Wave Infrared
3.4.2: Medium-Wave Infrared
3.4.3: Long-Wave Infrared
3.5: Global Infrared Detector Market by Type
3.5.4: InGaAs (Indium Gallium Arsenide)
3.5.5: MCT (Mercury Cadmium Telluride)
4.2: North American Infrared Detector Market
4.3: European Infrared Detector Market
4.4: APAC Infrared Detector Market
4.5: ROW Infrared Detector Market
5.2: Geographical Reach
5.3: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6.1.1: Growth Opportunities for the Global Infrared Detector Market by Type
6.1.2: Growth Opportunities for the Global Infrared Detector Market by Application
6.1.3: Growth Opportunities for the Global HVAC Insulation Market by Region
6.2: Emerging Trends in the Global HVAC Insulation Market
6.3: Strategic Analysis
6.3.1: New Product Development
6.3.2: Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and Strategic Collaboration in the Global Infrared Detector Market
7.2: Hamamatsu Photonics KK.
7.3: FLIR Systems Inc.
7.4: Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
7.5: Texas Instruments Inc.
7.6: Omron Corporation
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Excelitas Technologies Corp.
- Hamamatsu Photonics KK.
- FLIR Systems Inc.
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Omron Corporation
The analyst has been in the business of market research and management consulting since 2000 and has published over 600 market intelligence reports in various markets/applications and served over 1,000 clients worldwide. Each study is a culmination of four months of full-time effort performed by the analyst team. The analysts used the following sources for the creation and completion of this valuable report:
- In-depth interviews of the major players in the market
- Detailed secondary research from competitors’ financial statements and published data
- Extensive searches of published works, market, and database information pertaining to industry news, company press releases, and customer intentions
- A compilation of the experiences, judgments, and insights of professionals, who have analyzed and tracked the market over the years.
Extensive research and interviews are conducted in the supply chain of the market to estimate market share, market size, trends, drivers, challenges and forecasts.
Thus, the analyst compiles vast amounts of data from numerous sources, validates the integrity of that data, and performs a comprehensive analysis. The analyst then organizes the data, its findings, and insights into a concise report designed to support the strategic decision-making process.