This databook provides both the historic and forecast market data of total retail sales in Europe. It illustrates the data with charts, graphs and tables summarizing the value trends, with individual sector details in overall retail. The forecasts include the impact of COVID-19 on growth. The databook also reveals major retailers in each sector and their market share along with their price and market positioning in 2021.
- The overall retail industry in Europe is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% between 2021 and 2026 to reach EUR 4,467 bn.
- Food & Grocery is the dominating sector with EUR 274.6 bn in 2021 and clothing & footwear is the fastest growing sector, which will grow at 3.9% CAGR between 2021-2026 to reach EUR 82.0 bn.
- Hypermarkets, supermarkets, and hard discounters is the leading channel, but the Duty-free retail channel is expected to see the maximum growth during the forecast period, registering a CAGR of 21.7% between 2021-2026 to reach EUR 13.1 bn.
- The Europe retail industry is dominated by mass-market players
Reasons to Buy
- Gain a comprehensive view of the food and grocery market and forecasts to 2026
- Explore new opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand following the impact of COVID-19 on the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast trends in food and grocery sector to identify the opportunities offering the most potential
- Understand who the main competitors are in the sector and their price positioning
Table of Contents
- The State of Retail
- Food & grocery
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes: