The France Adhesives Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.42%
- Largest Segment by End User Industry - Packaging: In France, packaging is the dominant end-user industry owing to the wide range of adhesive applications, including labels, tapes, carton sealing and joining, and laminating.
- Fastest-growing Segment by End User Industry - Aerospace: The aerospace industry is the fastest-growing end-user industry in the French adhesives market, owing to its rising demand for lightweight and high-strength components to substitute traditional aircraft joints.
- Largest Segment by Technology - Water-borne: Water-borne technology, an environmentally friendly and economically viable solution, has obtained a major share of the market due to its well-recognized usage in food packaging applications through emulsion and dispersion systems.
- Largest Segment by Resin - Acrylic: Acrylic-based adhesives hold a significant market share owing to their pressure-sensitive applications in packaging, construction, and healthcare end-user industries.
Key Market Trends
Packaging is the largest segment by End User Industry.
- In France, end-user industries, like packaging, healthcare, construction, share the highest market share in the adhesives market. Flexible packaging experienced substantial growth in France. As cheap and lightweight packaging gains popularity in France, it encourages manufacturers to use flexible packaging for different products.
- Adhesives are majorly consumed in the packaging industry in the country owing to their importance in bonding plastics, metals, and paper & cardboard packaging applications. Waterborne adhesives are highly consumed in the industry because of their cheaper cost and high bonding strength which is required in these applications. It is seen that nearly 87 thousand tons of water-borne adhesives are consumed in the packaging industry of the country during 2021.
- In France, construction adhesives are also widely used. The European Commission launched the 'Next Generation EU Recovery Plan', in which a major chunk of funds is allocated for the construction of buildings that are energy efficient and have a lesser carbon footprint. This is expected to lead to the construction of newer buildings and the renovation of older buildings. The construction sector in France is expected to register a CAGR of 6.65%, which is expected to lead to an increase in the demand for adhesives in the forecast period.
- Healthcare expenditure in France is much higher compared to its neighboring countries. The average health expenditure in Europe is USD 3,858 per capita, whereas, in France, it is USD 4,491 per capita, as per the data provided by the World Bank in 2019. However, the medical device market reached USD 43 billion by 2021 due to a rapid increase in demand with the adoption of new technologies. This is likely to drive the market for adhesives in the country.
Competitive LandscapeThe France Adhesives Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 49.16%. The major players in this market are 3M, Arkema Group, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA and Sika AG (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 End User Trends
4.2 Regulatory Framework
4.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End User Industry
5.1.3 Building And Construction
5.1.4 Footwear And Leather
5.1.7 Woodworking And Joinery
5.1.8 Other End-user Industries
5.2.1 Hot Melt
5.2.4 UV Cured Adhesives
5.3.7 Other Resins
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Arkema Group
6.4.3 AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
6.4.4 Bolton Adhesives
6.4.6 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.7 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.8 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.9 MAPEI S.p.A.
6.4.10 Sika AG
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR ADHESIVES AND SEALANTS CEOS
8.1 Global Adhesives and Sealants Industry Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Arkema Group
- AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
- Bolton Adhesives
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Huntsman International LLC
- MAPEI S.p.A.
- Sika AG