The Saudi Arabia Adhesives Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.06%
- Largest Segment by End User Industry - Packaging: The packaging end-user industry holds the largest market share owing to its widespread applications, including labels, tapes, carton sealing, and joining.
- Fastest-growing Segment by End User Industry - Aerospace: The aerospace industry is likely to register the fastest growth in the market owing to the rapid expansion of general and civil aviation in the domestic market.
- Largest Segment by Technology - Water-borne: Water-borne technology, an environmentally friendly and economically viable solution, holds a major share in the market due to its well-recognized usage in food packaging applications through emulsion and dispersion systems.
- Largest Segment by Resin - Acrylic: Acrylic-based adhesives hold a major market share owing to their pressure-sensitive applications in packaging, construction, and healthcare end-user industries.
Key Market Trends
Packaging is the largest segment by End User Industry.
- Saudi Arabia is one of the countries generating the highest demand for adhesives in the Middle East and Africa. Saudi Arabia maintained a 14-16% market share from 2017 to 2021. Due to limited adhesive production capacity, imports are used to meet local demand. Acrylic, epoxy, and EVA are the most commonly used resins in Saudi Arabia. The building and construction, packaging, and healthcare industries account for most of the country's adhesive demand.
- From 2017 to 2019, the demand for adhesives has grown significantly. This growth in the demand for adhesives is driven by the packaging, automotive, woodworking, and joinery end-user industries. In 2019 alone, the automotive industry registered a y-o-y growth rate of 29%.
- Saudi Arabia is one of the Middle East's largest markets for the plastics and packaging industries. The country has a large consumer base and diverse industrial operations. There are 964 food and beverage manufacturing facilities, 196 textile and apparel manufacturing facilities, and 45 pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities, according to the Saudi Industrial Development Fund (SIDF). These firms are fueling substantial growth in plastic packaging demand, which is predicted to increase by more than USD 3 billion over the next five years to more than USD 12 billion, creating large-scale market opportunities for technology and solution suppliers.
- According to the new rules implemented by SASO, the Saudi organization in charge of standards, measurement, and quality, plastic products must now be made of approved oxo-biodegradable material. As a result, demand for environmentally friendly biodegradable plastics is expected to increase in the packaging industry. These factors are expected to positively impact demand for the market over the forecast period.
Competitive LandscapeThe Saudi Arabia Adhesives Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 31.28%. The major players in this market are Arkema Group, Dow, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA and The Industrial Group Ltd. (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2 REPORT OFFERS
3.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
3.2 Scope of the Study
3.3 Research Methodology
4 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
4.1 End User Trends
4.2 Regulatory Framework
4.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End User Industry
5.1.3 Building And Construction
5.1.4 Footwear And Leather
5.1.7 Woodworking And Joinery
5.1.8 Other End-user Industries
5.2.1 Hot Melt
5.2.4 UV Cured Adhesives
5.3.7 Other Resins
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Strategic Moves
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Landscape
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Arkema Group
6.4.2 AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
6.4.4 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.5 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.6 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.7 Illinois Tool Works Inc.
6.4.8 MAPEI S.p.A.
6.4.9 Sika AG
6.4.10 The Industrial Group Ltd.
7 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR ADHESIVES AND SEALANTS CEOS
8.1 Global Adhesives and Sealants Industry Overview
8.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
8.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
8.1.4 Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
8.2 Sources & References
8.3 List of Tables & Figures
8.4 Primary Insights
8.5 Data Pack
8.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Arkema Group
- AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Huntsman International LLC
- Illinois Tool Works Inc.
- MAPEI S.p.A.
- Sika AG
- The Industrial Group Ltd.