The Saudi Arabia Poultry Meat Market is projected to register a CAGR of 1.64%
- Largest Segment by Distribution Channel - On-Trade: The demand for various chicken parts for the on-trade channel increased due to the rise of the food catering business and the number of restaurants in the nation.
- Largest Segment by Form - Fresh/Chilled: Fresh meats are considered to be of higher quality. The relaxation of the lockdown allowed customers to immediately purchase freshly cut meat through an offline channel.
- Fastest-growing Segment by Distribution Channel - Off-Trade: The purchases through online channels, supermarkets, and hypermarkets are driving the segmental growth, with innovations in poultry meat delivery and self-checkouts.
- Fastest-growing Segment by Form - Frozen/Canned: The consumption value of frozen/canned poultry is led by the on-trade distribution in the country. This is due to its extended shelf life and better distribution bandwidth.
Saudi Arabia Poultry Meat Market Trends
On-Trade is the largest segment by Distribution Channel.
- From 2017-2021, the overall growth rate of the on-trade channel was around 13.5% in value, and the off-trade channel recorded around 17.3% by value. The on-trade channel dominates the off-trade channel by 33.5%. The demand for chicken parts has increased over the past several years due to the expansion of the Saudi Arabian food catering industry. With increasing production and a growing number of restaurants, sales grew by 384.82% in 2021.
- In 2020, the on-trade channel's sales declined by 7% in value and 9% in volume compared to the previous year, mainly due to the shutdown of the food catering industry and supply chain disruptions. With a 3.4% rise in inflation, a 2% rise in the price index, and a rise in VAT (value added tax) from 5% to 15% compared to the previous year, poultry prices increased and availability decreased.
- In Saudi Arabia, the online channel for frozen/canned poultry meat is projected to be the fastest-growing off-trade distribution channel, with a CAGR value of 11.93% during the forecast period. Increasing technology adoption by multiple stakeholders like customers, supermarkets, convenience channels, and B2C resulted in consumers shifting toward online channels. With the increased penetration, 53% of consumers purchase frozen poultry at least once a month. During festival seasons like Ramadan, 76% of consumers are likely to buy frozen poultry more frequently. The increase in production and cheaper frozen poultry meat costs compared to other channels are driving the market's sales.
Saudi Arabia Poultry Meat Market Competitive AnalysisThe Saudi Arabia Poultry Meat Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 31.79%. The major players in this market are Al-Watania Poultry, Almarai Food Company, BRF S.A., Sunbulah Group and Tanmiah Food Company. (sorted alphabetically).
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & KEY FINDINGS
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3 KEY INDUSTRY TRENDS
3.1 Price Trends
3.2 Production Trends
3.3 Regulatory Framework
3.4 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4 MARKET SEGMENTATION
4.1.1 Fresh / Chilled
4.1.2 Frozen / Canned
4.2 Distribution Channel
220.127.116.11 Convenience Stores
18.104.22.168 Online Channel
22.214.171.124 Supermarkets And Hypermarkets
5 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Landscape
5.4 Company Profiles
5.4.1 Al-Watania Poultry
5.4.2 Almarai Food Company
5.4.3 Almunajem Foods
5.4.4 Americana Foods Inc.
5.4.5 BRF S.A.
5.4.6 Golden chicken farm factory company CJSC
5.4.7 Sunbulah Group
5.4.8 Tanmiah Food Company.
6 KEY STRATEGIC QUESTIONS FOR MEAT INDUSTRY CEOS
7.1 Global Overview
7.1.2 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
7.1.3 Global Value Chain Analysis
7.1.4 Market Dynamics (DROs)
7.2 Sources & References
7.3 List of Tables & Figures
7.4 Primary Insights
7.5 Data Pack
7.6 Glossary of Terms
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Al-Watania Poultry
- Almarai Food Company
- Almunajem Foods
- Americana Foods Inc.
- BRF S.A.
- Golden chicken farm factory company CJSC
- Sunbulah Group
- Tanmiah Food Company.