In a global financial landscape dominated by volatility and shifting asset allocation strategies, this meticulously curated report offers an in-depth understanding of High Net Worth (HNW) investment behavior. Drawing on data from the annual Global Wealth Managers Survey, it offers comprehensive insights into the drivers behind current investment choices and anticipates future trends within the key world markets.
A notable theme observed is the growing trend of diversified investment portfolios due to reduced risk appetite. Multifaceted factors such as monetary tightening, slower economic growth, and burgeoning geopolitical concerns result in substantial market volatility. Accommodating these changing dynamics, the report highlights the critical role of wealth managers in dissipating investor concerns and effectively utilizing high cash balances.
Offering a deep-dive into subjects such as rising HNW demand for cash and the shifting trend in the equity space, this report equips you with the information needed to revamp your service offerings based on HNW investor preferences. With insights on investor behavior under increased volatility and guidance on optimizing investment promotions, this report provides the knowledge edge needed for capturing new clients in our constantly evolving financial markets.
Drawing on results from the publisher's annual Global Wealth Managers Survey, this report analyzes HNW asset allocation strategies across key global markets. In particular, it examines the drivers behind investment choices both now and over the next 12 months.
Reduced risk appetite is a key investment theme in 2023 as we enter a new economic cycle. Monetary tightening to curb inflationary pressures amid slower economic growth and mounting geopolitical concerns have caused significant market volatility, predominately on the downside. Investors can no longer rely on the availability of cheap money to support asset price growth; they are thus eager to explore new parts of financial markets to chase returns that are increasingly hard to come by. Over the coming year, wealth managers will have to work hard to alleviate investor concerns about the economy to put the abnormally high cash and near-cash balances to work.
- 55% of wealth managers expect HNW demand for cash and near-cash to increase over the next 12 months as investors shun risk
- Demand in the equity space is shifting back towards capital appreciation after a punishing year for stocks and shares
- HNW investors will remain net buyers of commodities in 2023, with expectations of further capital appreciation
Reasons to Buy
- Learn how inflationary fears and resulting market upheaval have affected investment behavior in the HNW space
- Identify investment trends and adjust your service proposition based on a detailed understanding of HNW investors' preferences
- Discover how to best promote investment products by learning what is driving investment choices
- Understand the effect increased volatility can have on investor behavior and how to minimize the risk of customers changing providers
- Give your marketing strategies the edge required and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW investment drivers.
Table of Contents
- HNW Investment Trends
- HNW Investment Drivers and Forecast