Geographically North America dominated global physiotherapy services market, because of increasing number of patients suffering from osteoporosis, rising geriatric population, and higher rate of road and workplace accidents. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing aging population, rise in consumer awareness, favorable government policies, modernization of healthcare infrastructure, and growing medical tourism industry in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, orthopedics and geriatric physiotherapy services has the highest market share in global physiotherapy services market due to higher prevalence of geriatric population.
This report identifies the global physiotherapy services market size in for the year 2016-2020, and forecast of the same for year 2025. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global physiotherapy services market
What are Physiotherapy services?
Physiotherapy is provided to the patients suffering from disabilities and impairments of mobility by physiotherapist. In physical therapy, trained professionals evaluate and treat abnormal physical function related to, for example, an injury, disability, disease or condition.
The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) has defined , a physical therapist as a trained and licensed medical professional with experience in diagnosing physical abnormalities, restoring physical function and mobility, maintaining physical function, and promoting physical activity and proper function.
Licensed physiotherapists can be reached in a range of healthcare settings including outpatient offices, private practices, hospitals, rehab centers, nursing homes, home health, sports and fitness settings, schools, hospices, occupational settings, government agencies, and research centers.
What are the major applications for Physiotherapy services?
Physiotherapy is used to treat a wide variety of medical conditions, depending on their specialty.
Some conditions that can benefit from this type of treatment are:
- Cardiopulmonary conditions, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis (CF) and post-myocardial infarction (MI)
- Hand therapy for conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome and trigger finger
- Musculoskeletal dysfunction such as back pain, rotator cuff tears, and temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ)
- Neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord injuries, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, vestibular dysfunction, and traumatic brain injuries
- Pediatric conditions such as developmental delays, cerebral palsy, and muscular dystrophy
- Sports-related injuries, such as concussion and tennis elbow
- Women's health and pelvic floor dysfunction, such as urinary incontinence and lymphedema
- Other cases that may benefit include burns, wound care, and diabetic ulcers.
- Exercises recommended in Physiotherapy yield multiple benefits by exercising the whole body overall, it is nothing but moving the muscles of your body at different angles thereby maintaining the blood circulation and keeping flexibility alive.
- With increasing age, our body often falls victim to neurological disorders like Parkinson’s disease, Chronic Fatigue, Dementia, Paralysis etc, Physiotherapy helps in coping such disorders and prevents any further deterioration because physiotherapy takes an integrated musculoskeletal and neuromuscular approach to the treatment of the problem.
- Physiotherapy is used treating cardiopulmonary disorders in the body. Breathing problems, issues with the lungs and the heart can be cured via physiotherapy sessions which are focused on holistic treatment of the body and not just the affected organ
Market Research and Market Trends of Physiotherapy services Ecosystem
- Physiotherapy started from simple massage and is nowadays available in wide range of therapies with many specialized applications. In the past, physiotherapists were not always recognized as a contributing member of a hospital care team. Therapy plans were developed and administered later in the cycle of care. Modifications in rules, mainly driven by the Affordable Care Act, have given Physical Therapists their rightful role as an influential member of the care team. Nowadays has become widely accepted as a treatment therapy after any major/minor accident or even after recovery for ill health. They help in limiting assistance from devices like crutches, braces, canes, splints etc. Typically, it costs about 300-400 USD for such a treatment.
- With the growing geriatric population number of accidents such as elderly falls in household and outdoors will rise also the malfunctioning of joints has become common these days, will rise further which would lead to an obvious surge in the need for physiotherapists and advanced techniques like aquatic therapy designed for patients with low pain tolerance . The accidents may be due to natural cause such as calamities or due to personal mistakes of individuals or groups. Performance of hospitals these days is evaluated on basis of patient readmission rates, and physiotherapists are finally being recognized as key contributors to the care transition process from hospital to outpatient or home services. Physiotherapists are involved in preparing patients for transition and are being relied upon to provide input and strategies for how physical therapy can help reduce avoidable 30-day readmission rates.
- The progress in preventive techniques like yoga and preventive medicine is expected to be a growth restraint for these services. There are surgeries for same complete replacement of malfunctioning part also. Direct access and autonomous practice of physical therapy is not as simple but the interface between patient and physiotherapist is expected to become more simpler by the implication of technology such as mobile applications suggesting exercises and alarming on the right times to perform them.
- Other health services will also prosper so there is expected to be a competition among physiotherapists and other health professionals. But the advent of methods like hydrotherapy and electrotherapy would pose a serious competition. There is not much development at present in measurement of degree of treatment of physiotherapy but growing modernization will ultimately lead to measurable outcomes for these treatments also. Equipment for tilting, bending, stretching,etc. is already available to assist physiotherapists.
- Physiotherapists are naturally a creative and resourceful group of care providers, so it is no surprise that many are now incorporating the use of video games aided by virtual reality (VR) into their treatment plans. Implication of techniques by using platforms such as the Nintendo Wii, allows therapists to take advantage of the motion-sensitive controllers to drive patients to perform targeted movements. Wii-Hab approach is proving to be a way to engage patients in actively participating in their recovery and allow treatment to expand beyond the clinical setting. Patients who enjoy the process of recovery are more likely to stick to it.
Who are the Major Players in Physiotherapy Services market?
The companies referred in the market research report include AmeriCare Physical Therapy, Meier & Marsh Physical Therapy, FullMotion Physical Therapy, Elam, Sports Oahu, Minsu's Healing Oasi
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
This report will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Physiotherapy Services Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Physiotherapy Services Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 8 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 8 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 8 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Physiotherapy Services Market Forces
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5. Physiotherapy Services Market -Strategic analysis
5.1. Value chain analysis
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6. Physiotherapy Services Market – By Treatment (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
6.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
6.3.2. Manual Therapy
6.3.3. Specialized Treatments
6.3.4. Joint Mobilization Techniques
6.3.5. Suspension Therapy
6.3.6. Relaxation Techniques
6.3.7. Posture Correction Methods
7. Physiotherapy Services Market – By Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
7.5. Electric Stimulation
7.6. Heat Therapy
7.7. Therapeutic Exercise
8. Physiotherapy Services Market – By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.3. Cardiovascular and Pulmonary
8.7. Women's Health
8.8. Palliative Care
9. Physiotherapy Services Market – By Technique (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10. Physiotherapy Services - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Physiotherapy Services Market - North America Segment Research
10.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
10.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.2.2. Revenue and Trends
10.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
10.2.5.4. Rest of North America
10.3. Physiotherapy Services - South America Segment Research
10.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.4.2. Revenue and Trends
10.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
10.4.5.7. Costa Rica
10.4.5.8. Rest of South America
10.5. Physiotherapy Services - Europe Segment Research
10.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.6.2. Revenue and Trends
10.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
10.6.5.9. Rest of Europe
10.7. Physiotherapy Services – APAC Segment Research
10.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.8.2. Revenue and Trends
10.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
10.8.5.4. South Korea
11. Physiotherapy Services Market - Entropy
11.1. New product launches
11.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
12. Physiotherapy Services Market Company Analysis
12.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
12.2. AmeriCare Physical Therapy
12.3. Meier & Marsh Physical Therapy
12.4. FullMotion Physical Therapy
12.6. Sports Oahu
12.7. Minsu's Healing Oasi
13. Physiotherapy Services Market -Appendix