The global native starch market is expected to register a CAGR of 3.1% during the forecast period of 2018-2023. Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest share of around 45% of the market, in 2017. Native starch has several applications in bakery products.
Rise in the Demand for Convenience Foods
Owing to its functional properties of controlling moisture, managing texture, thickening agents, etc., native starch has been gaining popularity across various applications areas. The growth is attributed to the increasing implementation of native starches in ‘on-the-go’ food and beverages products. The increasing demand for convenience food products, owing to their functionality and convenience, is expected to fuel the growth in consumer preference for the native starch market. Low prices of modified starch, coupled with the stringent rules and regulations of governments for the production of starch, pose threats to the growth of the native starch market. Increasing emphasis and implementation on organic native starch is expected to spur the demand for the market, by the end of forecast period.
Growing Applications of Native Starches in Texturizing
Significant investments in R&D for advanced functionalities of food applications are expected to propel the demand for the native starch market. By source, the native starch market has been segmented into wheat, cassava, rice, corn, and other sources. In terms of value, the market share for corn is likely to be dominant in the native starch market, over the forecast period. On the basis of application, the market has been further classified into bakery, confectionary, beverages, and other applications. Bakery is projected to be the major segment in terms of application, as the extensive use of native starches as a crucial ingredient improves the nutritional value of food. Additionally, native starch derivatives are used as texturizers, binders, stabilizers, and setting agents in numerous food & beverage processed products.
North America to Dominate the Market’s Growth
The Asia-Pacific market for native starch is gaining prominence, as native starch is used across the food processing industry, as a stabilizer and thickening agent, in various products, such as sauces, desserts, custard, etc. Low production costs coupled with favorable climate for agriculture in Asia-Pacific is expected to drive the growth of the regional native starch market. The native starch market is expected to record significant growth in Europe, due to a rise in the consumer preferences for organic food additives. Consumer demand for ready-to-eat and ready-to-drink products has also been an influential factor for the growth of the market in this region. The presence of numerous global players in Europe is likely to facilitate the rapid development of the market, over the forecast period.
- October 2017: Cargill Incorporated introduced a new product portfolio of native starches under the brand SimPure, which offers label-friendly products designed for convenience and culinary applications.
- June 2016: Archer Daniel Midlands Company expanded its production capacity of native starch, with the acquisition of Moroccan Sweetener Facility in Casablanca.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Scope of the Market
2.2 Market Trends
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Rise in Consumer Preference for Clean Label Products
3.2.1 Intense Competition from Modified Types of Starches
3.3.1 Growing Focus on Organic Native Starch
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Source
4.1.5 Other Sources (Potato, etc.)
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Processed Food
4.2.5 Other Applications
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
4.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategies Adopted by Key players
5.2 Most Active Companies over the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Cargill Incorporated
6.2 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.3 Ingredion Incorporated
6.4 AGRANA Investment Corp.
6.5 Amylco Corporate Group
6.6 Honest Derivatives Pvt. Ltd.
6.7 Universal Biopolymers
6.8 Roquette Frères and Grain Processing Corporation
6.9 Thai Flour Co. Ltd
6.10 SPAC Starch Products India Pvt. Ltd
6.11 Tereos Starch & Sweeteners
6.12 Gulshan Polyols Ltd
- Cargill Incorporated
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Ingredion Incorporated
- AGRANA Investment Corp.
- Amylco Corporate Group
- Honest Derivatives Pvt. Ltd.
- Universal Biopolymers
- Roquette Frères and Grain Processing Corporation
- Thai Flour Co. Ltd
- SPAC Starch Products India Pvt. Ltd
- Tereos Starch & Sweeteners
- Gulshan Polyols Ltd