Growing Demand for Natural Feed
Natural feed pelletizing agents are the dominating products in the market. They are favored by the farmers, due to growing demand for naturally derived products. Regulations against synthetic products have created an opportunity for natural products to spur the growth of market. Lignin has the major market share in the feed pelletizing agents market. It is a natural polymer extracted from the plant pulp. It is rich in wood and low in straw. When lignin is treated with high temperature and pressure, it softens and binds to the raw material, thus to form into the shape of pellet. As the pellets come out of the pellet machines, the lignin will be cooled down and then enable the pellets to become firm and compact. High binding capacity of lignin has driven the market. Dietary inclusion of wheat can increase pellet durability, due to high protein and hemi-cellulose content of it. Wheat takes significant share as pelletizing agent.
Growing Demand for Fish Feed
The demand for seafood is driving the meat industry as an increasing number of individuals are becoming aware of the health benefits of fish consumption. Fish are low in fats, cholesterol, and carbohydrates and are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which help protect the heart. Fish also provides the essential vitamins and amino acids. According to the UN, global consumption of fish has hit an average of 21.3 kg per person in 2016. FAO report states that the world per-capita fish consumption increased from an average 14.4 kg in the 1990s to 20.2 kg in 2015. The human fish consumption has grown at a CAGR of 14.6% during 2012-2018. Fish feed is mostly preferred as pellet form as they float in water for a long time, which is easy for fish to digest and absorb. This makes the fish feed to hold a considerable share in the feed pelletizing agent market.
Key Developments in the Market:
- Feburary 2017: De Hues moves into Egypt fish feed business.
- April 2016: Norel conducted research on binders for mycotoxin detoxifying and pelleting and found that the employment is more by dairy industry.
- January 2015: Cra-Vac introduces environmentally friendly pellet binder.
Reasons to purchase this report
- Study on the adoption of feed pelleting agents in developed regions and its effects on the feed industry.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Study on the market players expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- Study on the region expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Assumptions
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW AND TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Technology Trends
4.3 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
6. GLOBAL FEED PELLETING AGENTS MARKET SEGMENTATION, BY TYPE
7. GLOBAL FEED PELLETING AGENTS MARKET SEGMENTATION, BY ANIMAL TYPE
7.5 Pet food
8. GLOBAL FEED PELLETING AGENTS MARKET SEGMENTATION, BY GEOGRAPHY
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.1.4 Rest of the North America
8.2.2 United Kingdom
8.2.6 Rest of the Europe
8.3.4 Rest of the Asia-Pacific
8.4 South America
8.4.3 Rest of the South America
8.5 Middle East & Africa
8.5.1 Saudi Arabia
8.5.2 South Africa
8.5.3 Rest of the Middle East & Africa
9. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
9.2 Market Share Analysis
10. COMPANY PROFILES
10.1 Uniscope Inc
10.2 Borregaard LignoTech
10.3 Prince Agri Products Inc
10.4 Bentonite Performance Minerals LLC
10.5 Archer Daniels Midland Company
10.6 Cra-Vac Industries Inc
11. FUTURE OUTLOOK