Corn starch is obtained from the endosperm of the corn kernel and has wide applications as a food ingredient, sweeteners, ethanol, paper making, etc. The United States is currently the biggest producer of corn starch. The United States was followed by China and Europe. The top 5 players currently account for around one third of the total corn starch produced worldwide. Some of the key manufacturers of corn starch include Cargill, Ingredion, ADM, Tate & Lyle, Roquette etc. Looking forward, we expect the global corn starch market to grow at a CAGR of around 3.7% during the next five years.
This latest study “Corn Starch Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023” provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the corn starch industry. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the corn starch industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- What are the key success and risk factors in the corn starch industry?
- How has the corn starch market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the corn starch industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a corn starch plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of corn starch?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a corn starch plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2. Scope and Methodology
2.1Objectives of the Study
3. Executive Summary
4.2Key Industry Trends
5. Global Corn Industry
5.2Production Volume Trends
5.3Market Breakup by Region
5.4Market Breakup by Feedstock
5.5Market Breakup by Application
6. Global Corn Starch Industry
6.2.1 Volume Trends
6.2.2 Value Trends
6.4Market Breakup by Category
6.5Market Breakup by Application
6.6Market Breakup by Region
6.9Value Chain Analysis
6.9.1Raw Material Procurement
6.10Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6.10.2Bargaining Power of Buyers
6.10.3Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.10.4Degree of Competition
6.10.5Threat of New Entrants
6.10.6Threat of Substitutes
6.11Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
7. Market Breakup by Category
8. Market Breakup by Application
8.1Food & Beverages
8.3Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals
8.5Paper & Corrugates
9. Market Breakup by Region
10. Competitive Landscape
11. Corn Starch Manufacturing Process
11.2Detailed Process Flow
11.3Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
11.4Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
12. Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
12.1Land Requirements and Expenditures
12.2Construction Requirements and Expenditures
12.5Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
12.6Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
12.7Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
12.8Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
12.9Utility Requirements and Expenditures
12.10Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
12.11Other Capital Investments
13. Loans and Financial Assistance
14. Project Economics
14.1Capital Cost of the Project
14.3Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
14.4Taxation and Depreciation
15. Key Player Profiles
15.4Tate & Lyle