Europe food sweetener market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 1.46% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- More than 70% of the market share in the European food sweetener market is held by sugar. The food sweetener market is majorly affected by the volatility in prices, trade, consumer habits and regulation in the European region.
- Currently, the consumption of sugar substitute is increasing rapidly in Europe. This is attributed to consumer awareness, government regulation to reduce sugar consumption and application in many health & wellness food products in the market.
- The other major reason for the growth of sugar substitute is the increasing population of obese, overweight and diabetic patients in Europe. Most of the market leaders are bringing innovative products, especially stevia-derived products, to meet the growing consumer demand for non-caloric natural sweeteners in both food and beverages.
Key Market Trends
Stevia is the Fastest Growing Segment
Europe is witnessing sales for products that use stevia as a substitute to sugar, in order to provide great taste, along with low calories. The approval for use of stevia in food products by EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) augmented the French food sweeteners market’s growth as prior to 2015, manufacturers managed to limit the structural volume, primarily value decline, of the sweeteners category, by offering premium and convenient products, such as new types of sweeteners, like sucralose, stevia, and authentic or organic brown sugar. In Germany, more than 100 companies are manufacturing products that contain steviol glycosides. All of these companies use the term stevia to promote the sweetening effect of food additive.
Germany is the Fastest Growing Food Sweetener Market
Germany is the largest market for food sweeteners. An increase in the consumption of processed food products is driving the market’s growth. Non-calorie sweeteners or sugar substitutes, such as aspartame and sucralose, (after attaining government authorization), are widely used in the production of soft drinks. Despite the measures taken for promoting sugars and sweeteners, a further decline in sugar consumption is expected over the forecast period, due to the rising focus on health and wellness. In Germany, more than 100 companies are manufacturing products that contain steviol glycosides. All of these companies use the term stevia to promote the sweetening effect of food additive.
European food sweeteners market is driven by many prominent players. Currently, there are several active players in this industry, such as Cargill Inc., Tate & Lyle, ADM and Associated British Food Plc, among others. Acquisitions, new product launches, joint ventures, and agreements are the most preferred growth strategies. There are several other players in the market as well, such as JK Sucralose, Franken Biochem, Sanxinyuan Food Industry Corporation Limited, A&Z Food Additives Co. Ltd. Australian Stevia Mills and Hermes Sweeteners LTD, Corbion Purac, Stevia First Corporation and Danisco.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5.1.2 Starch Sweeteners and Sugar Alcohols
188.8.131.52 High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
5.1.3 High Intensity Sweeteners (HIS)
5.2 By Application
5.2.3 Soups, Sauces and Dressings
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Cargill Incorporated
6.4.2 Archer Daniels Midland Company
6.4.3 Tate & Lyle PLC
6.4.5 Ingredion Incorporated
6.4.6 Celanese Corporation
6.4.7 Stevia First Corporation
6.4.8 Associated British Food Plc.