Total telecommunications and pay-TV services revenue in Venezuela is expected to decline from US$124.1 million in 2021 to about US$53.7 million by 2026. However when valued in local currency, revenue will expand at a significantly high CAGR over the forecast period 2021-2026. Mobile data services revenues will decrease to reach $16.9 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 18.8% due to declining data ARPU over the forecast period. Fixed broadband service revenues will decline marginally from an estimated $4.95 million in 2021 to $4.93 million by 2026, due to decline in broadband ARPU.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Venezuela.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Venezuela will decline at a CAGR of 15.4% in US dollar terms during 2021-2026.
- Mobile services will account for 46.9% of total telecom revenue in 2026
- 4G services will hold 48.0% share of the total mobile subscriptions in 2021 and will remain the leading mobile technology through 2026
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Venezuela’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the publisher's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Venezuela’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Venezuela’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Venezuela.
Table of Contents
- Market highlights
- Regulatory context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay TV service market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Movistar Venezuela
- DIRECTV Venezuela
- Simple TV