1h Free Analyst TimeSummary
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
In the past, Chinese beauty (C-beauty) industry was known solely for replicating versions of popular international cosmetic products at low prices. These locally produced products were only preferred by Chinese consumers who could not afford more expensive foreign brands. This indicated that consumers were choosing these local make-up products only because of their lower cost, and paid little attention to brands or their image.
Chinese beauty brands are growing in popularity. Their focus on quality and introduction of new varieties of products at competitive prices have changed consumer perceptions of local Chinese brands.
- Generation Z consumers are the main target of brands as they often seek products that are unique as well as those that match their needs.
- Brands are cashing in on personalization and localism to drive sales.
- Online sales have been successful in shortening the distance between brands and consumers.
- Online channels are used to lay the foundation for an offline presence.
- Chinese consumers are tech-savvy and use social media platforms to gain a better understanding of the products they seek.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Perfect Diary
- Discovery and National Geographic
- Little Red Book
- Marie Dalgar