Conversational commerce is forecast to have widespread significance for customer relations and the consumer experience via social media; this will fuel its growth as consumers increasingly expect a dialogue (even if with a sophisticated, learning AI) and the ability to seamlessly buy the products and services they want within that medium. For FMCG, retail, and foodservice, this means opportunities to brand build and grow sales, but also challenges them to integrate such tools successfully.
- A more conversational commerce ecosystem, building on the current technological trajectory, is seen as a major, possibly revolutionary, potential disruptor to eCommerce. From the consumer side, it fits within the context of an FMCG base who continue to expect more from the brands they chosoe.
- Thanks to the pandemic, consumers are online more, going out less, and substituting online ordering and interactions for store-based ones. This has turbo-charged the online marketplace and the need for actors at all levels and sectors to deliver effective, easy, and personally relevant services within a few clicks.
- For industry, it means the need to invest significantly in conversational platforms and artificial intelligence. The latter not only for its potential in conversational customer service, but also as a tool for managing resources, supply chains, and even product formulation.
- With mobile messaging apps already ubiquitous across most age groups, the commercialization of the medium continues to have compelling appeal to brands and developers alike, with the emphasis on expanding and refining their usefulness as sales channels.
Reasons to Buy
- The publisher’s thematic research ecosystem is a single, integrated global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors. It has a proven track record of identifying the important themes early, enabling companies to make the right investments ahead of the competition, and secure that all-important competitive advantage.
- Understand the current trends within conversational commerce today and how these will escalate in the near future.
- Assess how conversational commerce technologies are being used in the FMCG marketplace today and how these can drive consumer engagement and sales, as well as benefit internal processes.
- Acknowledge both the advantages and disadvantages of conversational commerce, identifying why it is critical to develop strategic actions that best utilise the technology within the context of your business's specific needs.
- Discover recommendations that will help you service the next generations of digitally native consumers and their expectations of mobile access, convenience, and one-to-one brand engagement.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- Technology briefing
- Products in the conversational commerce market
- Industry analysis
- Value chain
- Recommendations for FMCG companies
- Further reading
- Our thematic research methodology
- About the Publisher
- Contact the Publisher
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes: