- An overview of the global market for magnets and their materials, along with emerging technologies and potential business opportunities in the future.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of CAGRs through 2022.
- An overview of the chemistry and physics of magnets, and the processes to produce magnet products, and specific applications for magnet materials.
- Insight into the major end-use markets, such as instrumentation and other electronics, appliances and consumer electronics, industrial, and automotive.
- Information pertaining to the market's dynamics, including drivers, restraints, and potential opportunities.
- Profiles of major players in the field.
The scope of this report is broad and covers two types of magnets used globally: soft magnets and permanent magnets. They have been classified in terms of their magnetic properties and their uses.
There are four types of permanent magnets based on the magnetic materials used for production: alnico, neodymium, samarium-cobalt and ferrite. Each of these is further divided on the basis of production processes, which primarily are termed sintering and bonding. The major applications of permanent magnets are in electric motors; generators; medical devices; sonic equipment, magnetic sensors and transducers; and consumer electronics. The market for each type of permanent magnet in these applications and the market for each type of permanent magnet by region is also covered in this report. Additional breakdowns on the basis of global consumption in each end-user industry, which includes automotive, industrial, medical and home appliances, are also covered. The revenue forecasts from 2017 to 2022 are explained for each type of permanent magnet by production process, application and region.
Soft magnetic materials are divided into three types: electrical steel, soft ferrite and others. Other alloys used as soft magnetic material are amorphous alloys, nickel-iron alloys, silicon-iron alloy, iron-cobalt alloy, ferritic chromium-iron alloys and niobium-tin alloy. The major applications for soft magnetic materials are in electric motors, transformers, generators, alternators and others, which include inductors, relays and switches, antenna and filters. The end-user industry for soft magnets are electronics and telecommunications, electrical and automotive. The revenue forecasts from 2017 to 2022 of each type of soft magnets are described for each type for application, end-user industry and both by region.
The report also consists of a discussion of the major players across each of the segments; it explains the major market drivers for the global market of magnets and magnetic materials, the current trends within the industry and major end-user industries.
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
2: Summary and Highlights
- Table Summary : Global Market for Magnet and Magnetic Material, by Application, Through 2022
- Figure Summary : Global Market for Magnet and Magnetic Material, by Application, 2016-2022
3: Market and Technology Background
- Magnet Chemistry and Technologies
- Types of Magnets
- Magnetic Materials
- Magnetic Fluids
- Other Materials
- Classification of Magnetic Materials
- Fundamentals of Magnetism
- Economics of Magnetic Materials
- Research Trends
4: Global Market for Magnets
- Global Market for Magnets and Magnetic Materials
5: Global Market for Permanent Magnets
- Global Market for Permanent Magnets
- Global Market for Neodymium Magnets
- Global Market for Samarium-Cobalt Magnets
- Aluminum-Nickel-Cobalt Materials
6: Global Market for Soft Magnetic Materials
- Global Market for Soft Magnetic Materials
7: Patent Review
- Recent Patents on Magnets and Magnet Materials
8: Market Drivers
- Growth of Automotive Industry
- Growing Consumer Electronics Industry and Miniaturization of Devices
- Wind Energy Installations: A Major Driver of Magnet Generators
9: Company Profiles
- Supplier's Landscape and Company Profiles
Aneesh Kumar has been a project manager and partner with BizImpact Knowledge Services, LLP, a market research and services company primarily focused on opportunities in science and technology, since 2011. Kumar manages a team focused on global market research projects, primary interviews and market forecasting. He holds a BBA from the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India and is a member of the Indo-German Chambers of Commerce.
- Adams Magnetic Products Co
- AT&M (Advanced Technology
- Arnold Magnetic Technologies
- A To Z Magnet
- Baotou Inst Magnetic New Materials Co., Ltd
- Beijing Zhong Ke San Huan Hi-Tech Co., Ltd
- China Rare Earth Magnet Ltd
- Clime Magnet Manufactory Co., Ltd
- Daido Steel Co., Ltd
- Dexter Magnetic Technologies, Inc
- EEC (Electron Energy Corp)
- Feller Magtech Corp.
- Fuzhou AO Magnet Electronic Co., Ltd.
- Hangzhou Best Magnet Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Metals Ltd.
- HPMG (Hangzhou Permanent Magnet Group)
- Integrated Magnetics
- Longze Magnet Electronic Co., Ltd
- MMC Magnetics
- Ningbo Bestway Magnet Co., Ltd
- Ningbo Co-Star Materials Hi-Tech Co., Ltd
- Ningbo Jinke Magnetics Co., Ltd.
- Ningbo Ketian Magnet Co., Ltd.
- Ningbo Newland Magnetics Co., Ltd.
- Ningbo NGYC (Ninggang Permanent Magnetic) Materials Co., Ltd.
- Ningbo Sanhuan Magsound Co., Ltd
- Ningbo Songke Magnetic Materials Co., Ltd.
- Ningbo Vastsky Magnet Co., Ltd.
- Ningbo Xinfeng Magnet Industry Co., Ltd.
- Ningbo Yunsheng High-Tech Magnetics Co., Ltd
- Ningbo Zhaobao Magnet Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Thinova Co., Ltd.
- Sonal Magnetics
- Stanford Magnets
- TDK Corp
- Thomas and Skinner, Inc.
- Viona Magnetics
- Xiamen Everbeen Magnet Electron Co., Ltd
- Yantai Shougang Magnetic Materials, Inc.
- Zhejiang Kaiven Magnet Co., Ltd.